Friday 19 May 2017

~getting our potting table & deck ready for spring~

It is that time of year.
The sun is finally starting to make an appearance and that means it is time to get my hands dirty and work in the garden.
For me it is important to be organized and have all my tools and gardening equipment in one place. 
On our deck I have an old table that I keep all our pots on as well as plants that need to go in the ground, potting soil, and other gardening equipment.
I am no master gardener but I do like to mess around in the garden and plant new things.

Welcome to our deck.
We got new exterior lighting this year and I couldn't be happier with these lights.
If you are interested in them, you can find them here.
They are the perfect blend of rustic and farmhouse.

If you look closely you can see our newly made over dining room through the window.



I like to keep the colors of the interior cohesive with the exterior, so I tend to plant a lot of white plants.


Most of the things on our deck are from flea markets or antique shops.
I find so much gardening pots, chairs, and containers at places like this.
This table was actually a garage sale find.


I love the scale of these lights so much better than our last ones.


Like I mentioned, I keep all my pots on the potting table so I can easily access them.
I love the old patina on these clay pots.
If you have new ones and would like to give them a aged look, go here to see how.


Believe it or not, I actually use these old rusty crooked tools.




I actually bought this old window because I wanted to make a outdoor rabbit hutch for our bunny.
Here it will sit until I get around to that project........




Under the table but not shown is a old garbage pail that I keep potting soil in.
I keep seeds in the drawer until they are ready to be planted, as well as gardening gloves.


If you have a love of gardening, all you really need is a simple table, it doesn't even need to be a potting bench.
It really is handy to have everything in one space.
Please take a look at some other great gardening tips and photos over here at my friends blogs today.


 I hope everyone has a great weekend!
xoxo




from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2017/05/getting-our-potting-table-deck-ready.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...