Wednesday 10 May 2017

~one room challenge REVEAL~{our dining room}

It's been 6 long weeks and I am done! 
{minus the rug which is on the way}
So grateful for the One Room Challenge to kick my butt in gear to get rooms finished the way they should be.
I love how our dining room functions now.
It feels clean and airy and fresh.
{sources at the end of this post}

If you would like to take a walk down memory lane and see all the different looks our dining room has had, see this post here.
Let's jump right into a before and after:
In the before photo on top,  I had already decluttered a lot. I had taken down the shutters on either side of the windows, and removed artwork.
Then I painted the whole room minus the cedar ceiling Simply White by Benjamin Moore.
It was a good clean slate.
It just needed a few tweaks.
Turning the table the other direction was a good decision, as it was hard to get around the table when it was turned the other way.

And as much as I loved that black hutch, the new floating sideboard feels so much more airy.
And this photo I had enlarged might be one of my favorite things. It's around 40" x 54" and has an artsy edge to it. I love having my kids on the wall that big! As a matter of fact, I had more enlargements made that will be going in our bedroom, stay tuned for that!


If you read last weeks post about this room, you will see the chandelier looked quite a bit different. 
I wanted to be able to take advantage of our views of the lake, so I took every little candle wick off and left it bare bones and I kinda love it!
I might hang strands of crystals from it, but for now I just love the simplicity of it.



It also goes nicely with our living room chandelier.





I used a vintage silver tray on the sideboard with my grandparents old wine glasses and beer steins. 
My lilacs aren't quite ready, so I picked a bunch from my parents house.
Thanks mom and dad.


I scored with this wood "Seattle" tote at one of my favorite antique shops.
It holds glassware, silverware, water, and cloth napkins.


And yes, I hung a bowl on the wall and used a cowhide as a tablecloth.
It's different, but I like different!


My sweet mom made me these pillows out of fabric remnants and faded mushroom colored wool material I found at the thrift shop.




The sideboard has 3 doors, and in each one I have a wire mesh basket that holds odds and ends.
I also found these baskets at my favorite antique shop.
I have a growing collection of cloth napkins that take up one.

 As well as tablecloths and runners.





And in the third one I have some barware.
I really love the color orange, so I thought these seltzer bottles would be fun to style with!



The vertical cabinet at the top of the stairs holds all my extra glassware.
I love collecting different types of stemware, glass bowls, and pitchers, as well as vases.



It actually blends in so well, you almost don't even see it, which is what I wanted.
I really wanted the view to be the focal point.







I snagged this stool from our outdoor kitchen.
I tried a big fiddle leaf fig in this corner, but ended up returning it. Believe it or not, I felt like it didn't really fit.



 This photo just kind of shows you how the living room and dining room connect, and where the kitchen is off of these rooms.


And here is 4,000 more photos, just because I cannot settle on any favorites!

















sources:

sideboard {with high gloss self closing doors}
vertical cabinet {with high glass white door}
chandelier {coming soon}
lamp on sideboard
wicker stool {part of our outdoor furniture set}
basket tray on floor from here but purchased here
bowl on wall
rug on it's way!

Thank you for following along on our dining room transformation!
I am off to go do nothing for the next little while :)

xoxo









from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2017/05/one-room-challenge-revealour-dining-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...