Tuesday 30 April 2019

Cinco De Mayo Churro Cupcakes

Churros are the bomb. Nothing like a fluffy batter deep fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar to get your cravings going. 

I am signed up to bring a dessert to a Cinco De Mayo party this year so I thought I would bring something churro related.

I needed to make a lot, and always wanting to save time, I opted for a boxed version.

Don't worry, even though they aren't completely homemade, they are still super tasty, moist, and full of flavor with the addition of a special topping. 

Trust me, you will want to make these year round!

I used this cake mix and this churro mix, as I couldn't find Churros at our grocery store. 

To go with the whole fiesta fun look, be sure to use bright cupcake liners in a mix of colors.





Semi Homemade Churro Cupcakes

Yield: 12
Author:
prep time: 5 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 20 M

ingredients:

  • 1 box spice cake mix + the ingredients on the box.
  • Sugar + Cinnamon coating:
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
  • Frosting:
  • 1 tub vanilla (or cream cheese) frosting
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1 box churro mix, made using the instructions on the box.

instructions:

How to cook Semi Homemade Churro Cupcakes

  1. Bake your cupcakes according to the instructions on the box.
  2. Let fully cool.
  3. Dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes in the melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar mix. 
  4. Frost with your frosting using a Russian tip.
  5. Make your churros, or buy them store bought and put a slice on top of each cupcake. 
  6. Enjoy!
Created using The Recipes Generator


from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/04/cinco-de-mayo-churro-cupcakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...