Thursday 19 April 2018

~DIY stacked wood mirror~{thrifty Thursday}

This project stemmed from a really bad mirror I found at the thrift store.
I do realize if you want to replicate this project, you won't have this exact mirror, so I found you an inexpensive similar one here.

Here is the lovely mirror I started out with.
Looks like someones project gone wrong, but it had good bones. So I purchased it for $2.99, brought it home and painted it with Annie Sloan pure white paint.


Then I raided my stash of reclaimed wood and trim pieces and found a suitable option to trim out the inside.
I cut it into 4 pieces and after painting the frame white, glued them on using wood glue.








This method is similar to how I made picture frames out of reclaimed wood.
xoxo





from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/04/diy-stacked-wood-mirrorthrifty-thursday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...