Wednesday 27 June 2018

~a 1912 white farmhouse tour~

My friend Tanya lives in the cutest white farmhouse on land surrounded by pumpkin farms, horse pastures, and overlooks a river.
I swiped this picture of her off her Instagram page.
She is the sweetest, most hardworking, humble person I know.


So when she was out of town last weekend and Savannah was housesitting, I made my way over there with my camera. 
Take pictures first, ask for forgiveness later right?

You are in for a treat!
Tanya called me one day and told me her floors were being refinished and if I would quick come over and paint on her floor before they were going to be sealed the next day.
I love an impulsive girl!


Her whole property is surrounded by these gorgeous white fences.
I told her one day she is going to come home and those cast iron urns will be suddenly gone.....don't you think I need them?!



When you pull in you come up to this darling white barn/garage space.


Around the side of it is the chicken house.




Theres another one.


Before I take you inside, let me show you the yard a bit more.
The back of the house. 
I bet it looks magical at night with those lights!


More vintage urns on the front porch.



I think she needs some white doves.




Side door that leads into the mud room, where the "welcome" is painted on the floor.


In the entry is a big bench that is filled with shoes, under, on top, and all around.
True farm life, love it.


Off the mud room is the kitchen complete with a crystal chandelier and white marble countertops.
Love the pop of blue with the Le Crueset.







I love how she styled this bakers rack.
I also like the nod to the pumpkin patch next door with these white pumpkin bowls.




These utensil holders are not only functional but super cute with all her wooden spoons.


A farmhouse sink is a must in a farmhouse.



Off the kitchen is a sweet little bathroom, of course it's white.
Shiplap, subway tile, and a clawfoot tub, oh my!



And one fabulous old mirror.
The olive bucket is super sweet for holding extra tp.


The living room has a Shabby Chic white sectional and looks like 
a great spot for a nap.


The stump tables were a find when we went to The Farm Chicks one year.






Shall we head upstairs?
Chippy old windows  line the hallway.



Entry to the master bedroom with a petite worn black leather chair.


The master bedroom has gorgeous blue Bella Notte bedding.


The bench at the foot of the bed used to me in my living room, but I love it so much more in her room!










And the master bathroom.




Isn't it fabulous?
Thank you Tanya for letting me post after I ransacked your house!
xoxo










from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/06/a-1912-white-farmhouse-tour.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...