Monday 26 November 2018

ideas for Christmas porch decorating

Hello and happy Monday!

I am kicking this week off with ideas for Christmas porch decorating. 

I created three different looks this year for you to gather inspiration from. I had so much fun putting together three distinct looks. 

Back in September I partnered with Molbaks to bring you the My Sweet Savannah front door package. You can read all about that here to refresh your memory.

I loved those pots so much and wanted to carry them into my winter decor. So working with Molbaks again, I have added to them, to bring you three whole new looks. 

Today I am sharing the first one with you.

1. FARMHOUSE CHIC

The first look I created is very fun. It includes lots of traditional reds and greens with touches of farmhouse thrown in. 


Again, I started with my potted plants and then added fresh cedar garland around the door.
Then I wove in a garland of cotton, attached red snowflake ornaments sporadically, and finally, added galvanized bells. 



ADDING IN THE DETAILS

Then came the fun part of adding in the details. 

I added two wreaths to the door and sprinkled in some red berries.

These wreaths are not real, but you would never know. I love Christmas items that I can use year after year. 


Two red trucks that scream farmhouse were nestled in around the pots.


More galvanized pieces like this giant bell and post box add to that farmhouse look.




Welcome mats, a touch of plaid ribbon, and a wooden star complete the front porch farmhouse look.


WHAT TO PLANT

The two largest pots are planted with Nandina. Very shortly the leaves will turn a beautiful red.
To really bring in that traditional Christmas look, I added 2 rosemary plants in the shape of Christmas trees. They look so cute and smell so good.

The little trees in the bed of the truck are fake, so win win, I can use them elsewhere and bring them out year after year. I love how the base of them is covered in burlap. 

The white flower adds a bit of brightness and ties into the cotton garland. 

I will be back with look number 2 next week!

xoxo






from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/11/ideas-for-christmas-porch-decorating.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...