Thursday 24 January 2019

diy wood heart Valentines

This Valentines Day, add some rustic farmhouse elements with fun wooden hearts. 
These are easy to make and add such a fun touch.

This project was prompted from some wooden hearts I saw while vacationing in Mexico last month. I was so inspired to make some of my own, so that's just what I did. 


Feel free to use my template below, or use your own heart shapes.

Start by selecting your wood. I used barn wood, but you can use any scrap wood you have laying around. 

Using a pencil draw a freehand heart on your wood, or trace one using my template below, enlarging to the size you'd like.

Use a jigsaw to cut out the heart shape.

Sand any rough edges. Paint, stain, or leave as is. 



If you'd like to take it a step further and do a laced heart, simply trace each half of a heart onto a separate piece of wood, cut out and sand. You will be left with two halves like this.


Measure and mark with a pencil where your holes will go.


Using a drill with the appropriate size bit, drill the holes.
Lace up with leather trim, twine, or ribbon, knotting in the back.




Display them grouped in a bowl or create a wooden heart garland to drape across a window or fireplace mantle. 



Copy and save this template if you wish to use it. 
Print out and enlarge hearts to the size you'd like. Cut out, and trace the outline onto a piece of wood and cut out following the instructions above.


Happy crafting!

xoxo





from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/01/diy-wood-heart-valentines.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...