Tuesday 29 January 2019

update on Savannah's room

In case you missed it, I talked here about how I am giving Savannah's room a little face lift. 

I just wanted to pop in and give you a little update on what stage I am at. I have sold, stored, and gifted many of the items in her room and have started purchasing new.

The goal of this room is to go from teen girls room to a more guest friendly room, while still keeping Savannah's personality and taste in it, as she does come home from college a few times a year.

I don't want to totally transform it to the point where it doesn't feel like hers when she comes home in March, but I do want to spruce it up!

I ordered a new bed. Her current bed is OK, but if you look closely, there are a lot of dings and dents, even dare I say nails sticking out where a diy project went wrong. Instead of taking the time to fix it, I went with a similar bed, only in metal. The price was too good to be true for a king frame. It just arrived, and I will be digging into the box soon! I hope I love it! I was inspired by this bed on one of my favorite blogs. 


I think I will be happy with the color and finish of the one I ordered.

I also ordered new sconces. I am getting rid of the brass {love my lights though and will save them in hopes I can use them somewhere else}


I also ordered roman shades for the big windows behind her bed. These windows have always been a dilemma for us. I am not a huge fan of window coverings but realize when they are needed for privacy, they are needed. 

The shades I chose are going to be gorgeous linen roman shades from Barn And Willow. Their drapery is phenomenal and I know I won't be disappointed! I went with a color called Stone Grey, which has a slight denim blue to it in the lighting in her room. Super excited for these!


Part of her artwork is moving to her apartment with her, and part is being stored in the attic for when she gets her own place out of college. 

Here is a computer mock up of a gallery wall I worked on with Minted for her room, the art that is coming down in order to make this room more guest friendly. You can read about the process of this gallery wall in this post.


I am streamlining the look with 3 LARGE pieces of black and white art instead of a cluster of art.
Here are the pieces I picked out:






1- A bend in the road by Kisco Print Shop in 30x40 with a champagne silver frame
2- Path of life by Kisco Print Shop in 30x40 with a champagne silver frame
3- Plant cell 6 by Mary Gaspar in 30x40 with a champagne silver frame

I still need new nightstands, a new chandelier, and I need to finalize paint colors which I am torn on! 

Stay tuned for updates and be sure to comment on this post, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xoxo







from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/01/update-on-savannahs-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...