Wednesday 31 May 2017

~a guide to thrift shopping & antiquing in Seattle~

It's no secret that I love to go antiquing, and thrifting.
I seem to find a lot at these stores, I think the trick is to frequent them, as they get new stock everyday.

If you live in or near Seattle Washington, or are planning on visiting, here are a few of my favorite places to see!

Map below can be found here.


Thrift shops:


14160 NE Woodinville Duvall Rd, Woodinville, WA 98072

Mondays are 99 cent day!
Right across the street from HomeGoods and TJ Maxx, this thrift shop is perfectly located!
I go here often and find the best vintage silver-plate, dishes, and furniture.


12515 116th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034

Again, every Monday a certain color tag is 99 cents.
I like this one for it's furniture section and textiles.
I also seem to find fun crafty things at this location.
If you shop thrift stores for clothes, this is a good one.


4027 198th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036

I always seem to find blue and white at this location.
They always seem to have good holiday items.
The furniture section is always really full and theres usually something fun.
This particular Goodwill seems to get a ton of Target returns, castoffs, and damaged items.
I find vintage stemware here for here every time I go and have quite the collection.
Unmarked glasses are only 69 cents, and the bonus is the you don't have to go home and soak them to remove the sticky price tags.


17214 WA-99, Lynnwood, WA 98037

This is where I go to get books for staging and filling bookshelves. I find they are the cheapest here.
Remember to take off the dust jackets to show the pretty bindings!
They also have a little section in this store with their "finer" antiques.
I can't remember what it is called, but I always check it out when I go.
The rest of the shop I have found isn't that great, but it is next to a Value Village, so go there too!


1400 S Lane St (at Dearborn)
SeattleWA 98144

I wish this shop was closer to me, I'd be there way more!
It is huge and they have it all.
The Goodwill of all Goodwills, just go!

Redmond Goodwill

15301 NE 24th Street  Redmond Washington
This is a new location for this store. It is always super packed with goods and people. Great place for furniture, home decor, rugs, picture frames, and kitchen items, as well as vintage goodies.

Antique Stores:


123 N Lewis St, Monroe, WA 98272

I always find something different and unique here.
There are 3 or 4 dealers that I know always have good items and they restock often.
The prices are very reasonable, but not thrift store cheap.
Follow them on Facebook to see when they have storewide sales.


241 S Lander St, Seattle, WA 98134

Go here alone or with a girlfriend. It is HUGE and you could seriously spend the entire day there. 
We are talking over 42,000 square feet. The spaces are set up very beautifully. Even if you walk away not buying anything you will sure be inspired. The prices are a bit on the higher end.
Be sure to wander all the way to the back and see the Tom Gorz collection, my favorite!

Oscar And Company

702 Market St, Kirkland, WA 98033

More eye candy! 
My friend Dawn owns this shop and it is curated so beautifully. She really has quite the eye and she makes gorgeous pillows out of vintage textiles.
I have a ton of her pillows.
Really really cute shop, you are sure to find something!


1116 1st St Snohomish, WA 98290

Fabulous new and vintage items with a French flair.
Great atmosphere and friendly staff. There is an upstairs too, so don't miss that!


1200 1st St, Snohomish, WA 98290

This great store has a wonderful section of vintage clothing. I like to go rummage through it and find old concert t-shirts or camp t-shirts.
Besides clothing though, there is plenty of wonderful items for your home.


Recycle centers:


3223 6th Ave S Seattle, WA 98134

I LOVE this place!
I go there to get all kinds of things. Browse their website to see what is currently in stock, and place holds on items.
They always have to neatest vintage sinks, bathtubs, windows, wood, and doors.
If you are fixing up an old house or anything like that, this is your place!


1440 N.W. 52nd St. Seattle, WA 98107

This is a smaller version of Second Use, but jut as good. Because there isn't so much, it is easier to shop, not quite so overwhelming.
Lots of good old door handles, hooks, lighting, and odds and ends.
There always seems to be old church pews and vintage lockers here.
Great place to find chippy wood too.



4515 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105

Note, this is only open on Tuesdays between 12-6.
You have to pay to park but not much.
Go early as people wait in line to get in.
You will find different things each week. Check the website for current stock.
I always find cool old college books, glass beakers and other glass science containers, office products, UW gear and clothing, art, furniture, old factory carts, and file cabinets.

Other fun shops I like to frequent:


30 Lakeshore Plaza #104, Kirkland, WA 98033

My friend Cindy owns this shop and it is filled with gorgeous furniture, home accents, candles and lotions, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and Bella Notte Linens, and much more.


 2600 NE University Village St, Seattle, WA 98105

A fun home and garden store. In cute University Village shopping center, this shop has wonderful plants, Sugarboo Designs decor, and tons of other fun things.

I hope this has been helpful to you! 
I will follow up shortly with a restaurant guide.

xoxo


from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2017/05/a-guide-to-thrift-shopping-antiquing-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...