Monday 30 October 2017

~how to make a fall wreath with dried leaves~

My parents have these giant maple trees that line their driveway.
I remember when my dad planted them when I was little.


Every year my mom waits till the leaves drop, and then gathers a bunch to dry inside.



She has been making these wreaths for years, so this year we had a little crafting day and I made one of my own.
If you have a tree or access to one with pretty leaves like these, here is how you can make one too.

Bring in the leaves and lay them out in a single layer on a towel to dry.


Add twine in a cross pattern around the diameter of the wreath form.


Once the leaves are dry, gather them up in a bucket.


Then you can start adding them to your wreath form one by one.
The longer the stems the better. You'll want to start by tucking the stems into the twine. If you have a really long stem you should be able to thread it through several pieces of the twine.


Add in additional leaves, overlapping the first ones.
Just work on the top of the form, you won't need to do the sides as it fills in itself.




Continue all the way around until it is nice and full.


I recommend these for indoor use, but I have hung one on a covered porch before.
The best part about these wreaths is that they will last year after year after year if stored properly.



Happy wreath making thanks to my mother and mother nature :)

xoxo






from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2017/10/how-to-make-fall-wreath-with-dried.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...