Thursday 4 January 2018

~fixer upper craft/multipurpose room on a budget~

Part 4 of this "fixer upper" style home. If you haven't been following along you can see the
dining room here, the entry here, and the living room here.

This room sits on the back of the house and is very narrow. The homeowner and her daughters love to craft so I am centering it around that, but it also will be pretty when it isn't full of projects. 



This armoire is narrow and can house craft supplies when not in use. I think it would be great tucked at an angle in the back left corner of the chalkboard wall.
For the ceiling I would swap out the light for this one.
I'd love to see a playful fun rug in here over what will be hardwoods.
The same blinds as in the rest of the house {link in dining room post}
and the same drapes as in the living room.
Going the length of the room I would love to see a vintage wallpaper table, but they can be very expensive, so something else might have to do. I always advise to check craigslist daily!
The big wall where the broom is leaning would be a fun place for a gallery wall of framed black and white photos, and I would take them low, almost covering the entire wall.
Maybe 3 vertical ones also on the wall that has chalkboard on it now, to the left of the armoire to tie it all together.
Then a combo of "found" mix and match stools around the table. These could be thrift shop finds, craigslist scores, or brand new all painted the same or even different.
In the center of the table a big wood tote could hold art supplies.
A cuddly dog bed for their pooch and its done!


If you'd like me to create room boards for you, email me at lakeliving4@yahoo.com
and I will give you pricing and details!

xoxo



from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/01/fixer-upper-craftmultipurpose-room-on.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...