Monday 19 March 2018

~5 tips for getting your house ready for spring~

This is a fun time of year for me to give our house a little freshening up.
Here are some simple steps you can take to get your house ready for spring.

1~UPDATE YOUR PILLOWS
Swap out velvet or heavy wool pillows for linen or cotton.
Stick to lighter colors, or if you prefer, go bold with bright colors.
In our living room I took out our black and white pillows and replaced them with chambray, white linen, and a soft blue and cream pattern.


2~USE FOLIAGE & PLANTS

Nothing says spring to me like fresh flowers. 
They don't have to be anything fancy. I like using monochromatic flowers, but any amount of greenery will add an instant fresh look.
The grocery store is my favorite place to pick up flowers.


3~REARRANGE FURNITURE

This costs nothing and can be so satisfying.
Try moving things from the bedroom to the living room, or vice versa.
I brought in this bigger lighter table to our living room and it made all the difference.


4~ADD SOME COLOR

Believe it or not, even I like color! Just little pops here and there in accessories will make a room look really happy. I used books with bright colors in a basket under our coffee table to achieve this look. Try looking for books at the thrift store or at discounted stores that are in your color story.

 

5~CLEAN

This might sound obvious, but start by dusting surfaces, wiping down baseboards, and washing windows. I use these cleaners because they smell so good!
These come in a close second!


xoxo







from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/03/5-tips-for-getting-your-house-ready-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...