Friday 27 April 2018

~a perfect Mother's Day table setting~

This year it was not hard for me to find inspiration for our Mother's Day table.
Our kids who are now 15 and 19, have been painting their own ceramics as long as I can remember. In fact, I have a plate with my Cody's 2 month old footprints on it.

The collection has grown over the years and I knew Mother's Day was the perfect occasion to use it.

I will admit that a lot of the pieces say "dad" on them because the kids used to give these to their dad for fathers day. But nonetheless, they are still very special to all of us.

If you have young kids, I highly recommend doing this with them.
There are a lot of paint your own ceramics shops all over, and it is a fun way to get creative and spend an afternoon.

We don't have enough pieces to set an entire table, so I mixed them in with some other fun pieces.
I also had my friend make me some cloth napkins with nicknames of our family members as well as ones for grandma and grandpa. You can visit her etsy shop here.

The end result is fun and nostalgic all at the same time. 
Let's take a look!





















from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/04/a-perfect-mothers-day-table-setting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...