Wednesday 5 December 2018

Christmas mantle mystery box challenge

Do you remember when a group of us bloggers did a mystery box creative challenge for our coffee tables? Where we were sent a box of 10 items from the dollar store that we had to make over for our homes? If you missed it or need a refresher, you can see that post here. 

Well, we had so much fun with that, that we decided to do it again! This time for our mantles, and using items sent to us from other bloggers. Items that they aren't using anymore. Items intended to go to the Goodwill.....

Traci from Beneath My Heart sent me these darling turquoise bottles.



Super cute but not really in my color scheme. 

I wanted to get a little more creative for my Christmas mantle and use these in a way other than intended.

So I turned them into candle holders and here is how I did it!


The first thing I did was spray paint them white. I always have white spray paint on hand because you never know when you are going to need it. 

I found some silver beaded wire garland that I cut down and wrapped around each bottle to embellish them just a bit.

You could embellish any bottles with paper or pictures and decoupage medium. You can hot glue on broken jewelry, or add rub on transfers or stickers. Glue on some faux greenery. The possibilities are endless.


Then I simply added taper candles to them and voila, candle holders for our mantle!


I placed one on one side and two on the other. 
I tucked in a combination of real and faux greenery and some battery operated string lights.


The deer head stocking holders were a thrift store find and I painted them white as well. 

I like how the it all came together it was really quite simple! 

Here are some other sources from this room if you are interested!










Would you like to see what everyone else created with their friend's "leftovers?"

I do! 

Visit my friends below to see what they did for their Christmas mantle mystery box challenge.

xoxo
















from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/12/christmas-mantle-mystery-box-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...