Thursday 28 February 2019

Thrifty Thursday

I am so excited to share with you today's Thrifty Thursday project.

I was really drawn to this piece of art at CB2.



It is called Basalt painting and it has a layered modern design with touches of silver as well as my favorite neutrals.

But as much as I loved it, it was a little big for my space, so I decided to make my own!

This was seriously the easiest project and I only spent around $35 to make the entire thing. 

I went to Ross because they always have inexpensive artwork. I had 2 criteria:

1-it needed to be the right size

and 

2-it needed to have a similar style frame.

Bingo! The right size. The right frame. It didn't matter what the colors or subject matter was, because that was all getting painted over. 




The first thing I did was spray paint the entire piece black, frame, front, everything. 

Then I printed out a picture of the CB2 painting and using acrylics I had on hand, and started adding layers of whites, blacks, and silvers. I even got some metallic white and black paint and added those in here and there. 

I started out with a brush and put color on that way.

Then I moved to a putty knife and added the paint that way to build up texture. This painting already had a bit of texture on it, so that was a bonus. 

It isn't exact, but I am totally OK with that. I am happy with the way it turned out, and even happier I saved around $500!

What do you think?


Stripe pillows are from the fabulous Oliver and Rust! 

To see more of my Thrifty Thursday projects, click on the Thrifty Thursday tab at the top of this page.

xoxo




from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/02/thrifty-thursday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...