Wednesday 20 March 2019

DIY oversized Spring succulent wreath

Hello friends!

I have a fun and easy project for you today that is not only cute, but very inexpensive to make.

I challenged myself to make a fun wreath out of items all from the Dollar Tree.

I wanted a large wreath that didn't cost a fortune, and I was able to make this for under $15.00, and here is how you can as well.

I was inspired by clip on succulents that I found in the gardening section at the dollar store. 
I bought about 12 of the ones that were the most realistic looking.

Can you guess what the base of this wreath is?

A hula hoop!

It is the perfect size and shape for this oversized wreath.




I used natural twine, and wrapped it around the hoop. It didn't take as long as I thought, and it doesn't have to be perfect. You just want to cover up the hula hoop itself. 


Once I got all the way around, I simply tied the end and hot glued it down.

I used zip ties to attach the succulents from the clips on the backs, onto the hoop.

Then to fill in the gaps and cover up the zip ties, I hot glued on some moss. 







 That's it!

 Isn't it cute? Perfect for your Spring decor. 

 I don't know where you could buy a wreath this size for $15.00. 

I hope this inspires you to make one of your own. 

For even more wreath inspiration, click on the links below for more DIY's.




from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/03/diy-oversized-spring-succulent-wreath.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...