Thursday 11 April 2019

modern art DIY

This project came to be because of a picture I saw on Instagram.


I fell in love with this modern piece of art and wanted one for myself.

Now, let me explain a little something about myself. 

I am impulsive. When I see something I want, sometimes I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive in the mail.

So I decided I would make my own. 

I first went to HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, World Market, Ross, and Target trying to find the right size frame, striking out at each store.

So finally I went to a local thrift store and voila, there it was for $3.99. 

Now that I had the frame, I needed a big blank canvas. I stopped in on my way home to the local dollar store and picked up a piece of white poster board for 50 cents. 

Once I was home I promptly went to sketching out my design with a pencil and a ruler.

When I had drawn out what I liked, I painted it all in with black craft paint. 

After it was dry, I popped it in my frame and voila.

I can't believe I only spent $4.49 on this entire project.
It just goes to show that art doesn't have to cost a fortune. 


I love the graphic punch it gives to this room.





Here is a super close up if you are inspired to make your own and use this as a pattern. 

Or, you could simply print this off and frame it! 


I am not an artist by any means, but it was fun to be able to pull off a piece in a matter of hours and actually like how it turned out!

xoxo



from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/04/modern-art-diy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...