Monday 1 April 2019

our living room sources

Hello and happy April!

Summer is right around the corner and I couldn't be happier about it.

I have been freshening things up in the house and cleaning quite a bit. It always feels so good to have a clean home to come home to and be able to relax after work.

It has been a while since I did a source post on our living/family room, so I thought I would do that today for those of you who are interested!

{links at the bottom of this post} 

I always love being able to see where some of my favorite bloggers shop, so I hope this is a good post for you too!

I am a firm believer in high/low spending. 

Meaning splurge on some things. Maybe things you have been wanting for years. Maybe it is just a good statement piece of furniture that you know you will have for a very long time.

Then I like to shop thrift stores and antique stores, even Ikea and discount stores like HomeGoods for filler items. 


Our living room is a good example of that high/low spending.

I splurged on the table lamp because I have been wanting it for a couple years now. If I ever get tired of it here, I know it will still tie in with other rooms in our house. 

The coffee table and leather recliners were another splurge, but again, we will have them for a long time. 

Most of the accessories and the picture frames are all really inexpensive. 




You can read about how I took that table above from unfinished to a Restoration Hardware finish right here. The Tom Ford book was a gift from my husband, but I also have a ton of second hand books stacked in this room which balances things out.

The pillows are from TJ Maxx and flea markets. 
I will link up to similar ones at the end of this post.


While I usually prefer fresh flowers, these faux babies breath was too good of a deal to pass up at a thrift shop.
Brand new in the packages, I think I paid $3.99 for all of them.



I actually just got this little table by the chair and I love it. I searched high and low for the perfect piece here and I think it works nicely. 


I like to stick to a mostly black and white pallet with a bit of wood tones thrown in. Then seasonally I can change out pillows, even matching the flowers to the decor. 



1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13


xoxo

from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/04/our-living-room-sources.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...