Monday 22 October 2018

live edge charcuterie board ideas

The beauty and uniqueness of each of these live edge charcuterie boards is remarkable.
Our friend Josh makes these and they are truly works of art. 
He recently let us borrow them for a game day football party and I love how the presentation turned out.

Each one was handcrafted from different wood species. A lot of hours go into creating each piece.

We used the biggest one, about 4' long for our fruit platter.



When creating a fruit platter this large, think about using whole fruits as filler. Not only did I use sliced apples, but also whole apples. Whole oranges and sliced oranges, you get the idea!

I used 3 different types of grapes to add variety.

Use anything that is in season and it will be beautiful! I even added dried apricots to the fresh fruit tray.







Next up I did a veggie tray. This tray was a bit smaller but I did add some whole veggies as well as chopped. I chose red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatoes in varying colors, and english cucumbers.






Mini sandwiches are up next, these were so good! I did a chicken salad and a curry chicken salad served on mini toast crackers. I bought the chicken at Trader Joes! 

These were a big hit, I will be "making" them again for sure.
I cut up bits and pieces of tomatoes and cucumbers for garnish on them,  and added some basil bunches to the charcuterie boards themselves.



I always like to incorporate a basic meat and cheese charcuterie board as well.
Here I used 2 different types of salami, prosciutto, 3 different cheeses, and some dried apricots.



 And finally, I also offered a dessert board. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it. 
For desserts I like to combine a bit of homemade with store bought. I always go to Trader Joes because they have the most unique and delicious choices. 

I served pumpkin mousse tarts, wafer cookies, truffles, and home made pumpkin spice cupcakes.

For drinks I filled a big trough with champagne and orange juice. I also added a variety of sparkling waters as well as pineapple juice and apple cider. This particular game happened to be at 10 am, but you can swap out those beverages for others if you are doing a game later in the day.


And our friend Josh who made these beautiful boards used to play in the NFL, so it was super fun to have him there and show off these beautiful creations.


If you would like pricing on any of these live edge boards, or would like something custom made, please contact Josh at kickerjb3@gmail.com


I can't wait to show you how I am going to incorporate Josh's live edge boards into my Thanksgiving table!

I hope everyone is off to a great start of the week!

xoxo








from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/10/live-edge-charcuterie-board-ideas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...