Tuesday 23 October 2018

Thanksgiving table setting

As you know by now, I love fall, and I love Thanksgiving so much. 
The family all gathered together to share stories, laughter, and love, and a delicious meal.

Today I am sharing with you how I will decorate our Thanksgiving table, and also share with you a few others. 

If you are new here and coming from Chloe's blog, Boxwood Avenue, welcome!
I absolutely love Chloe's aesthetic and approach to decorating. I am envious of her farm life too.


I took my cue for my Thanksgiving table this year from some plates I found at Target in the Hearth and Hand Magnolia section.  You can't go wrong with anything in there, am I right? I am not seeing these plates online but they are there, I promise. They are black and white and have cute little trees on them, very fall, very woodsy.




From there I worked on finding the perfect plates to go under them. Black made them really pop. I couldn't find anything within my budget so I headed to the Dollar Tree crossing my fingers that they would have black plates. Guess what? They did, score!

So the black and white and woodsy theme was set for my Thanksgiving table setting. Now I just needed to warm it up a bit.



I added gorgeous linen napkins in a natural color, and got out my vintage silver plate cutlery.

My favorite thing besides those plates might just be this little turkey from this post.




For the centerpiece I used these vases because they remind me of a wood slice.

And speaking of wood, do you see what I placed them on? One of those gorgeous live edge boards that I posted about yesterday! It just adds another dimension and adds to that woodsy feel I was going for. 


The flowers and greenery are a combination of tulips from the grocery store, as well as eucalyptus, and cedar trimmings from a tree in my yard.

As you can see, I also added cedar sprigs to the cutting board and some mini pumpkins to dress it up.
And, a candle is ALWAYS a good idea. This one smells so good.




I set up my buffet for desserts. To me, Thanksgiving is all about a variety of foods, and that includes the desserts.

I chose a huge live edge board in a deep brown to contrast with the high gloss white.
From there I started adding my layers.

A few cedar branches went down, followed by some mini pumpkins.



I made a delicious and easy blackberry cake {find the recipe here}
and did a tiered stand with various cookies and chocolates. 
I've said it before but I'll say it again. You don't have to bake everything yourself!
Mix in handmade goodies with store bought.

For example, I made the cake and the star shaped cookies {make the cookies ahead of time and freeze them!} 

The chocolate mousse pumpkins and the truffles and the coconut bites were all store bought.





I hope you got some inspiration from this and will also check out the next beautiful Thanksgiving table setting from Nina Hendrick!


xoxo




from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2018/10/thanksgiving-table-setting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...