Tuesday 19 February 2019

progress on Savannah's room

A few more developments in the makeover of Savannah's room.

If you would like to see the last post on her room, you can go here. 

Quick recap:

Our daughter Savannah is in her second year of college and while she comes home often, her bedroom will double as a guest room. 

So we are adding a little more rustic, cozy, and modern features and furnishings.

I am covering the walls below the chair rail with this in grey. It is the same wood we used in our office and I just love it. I think it'll really cozy up the room and give it that modern mountain lodge look I am after.

I am still weighing options on what color to paint the upper walls. 

I have always loved the looks of these acrylic frames, so I have one going in the space once it's all painted! I chose this print to go in it.



I am waiting to paint the walls before I hang the drapery. If you remember I got the roman shades from Barn And Willow for the windows behind her bed.

I didn't get them for her French Doors because it just wasn't in the budget. But I did have a happy accident and I found some drapes that match almost perfectly, from non other than Ikea.

When money allows I will spring for the ones from Barn And Willow because you just can't beat their materials and the attention to detail they put in their work.

Packages are starting to arrive. I just got the little table that I want to use at the foot of the bed. I want to find some really cool modern comfy chairs to put on either side. 

That's it for now, I will hopefully be painting soon and have some actual photos to show you!

xoxo


from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/02/progress-on-savannahs-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...