Tuesday 16 April 2019

Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies

To be honest, I had never heard of the Levain Bakery before last week. 

But then I had the chance to try them and I was in love. 

They are giant cake like cookies with flavors like dark chocolate peanut butter cup, dark chocolate chocolate chip, and chocolate chip walnut. 

A box of 8 is $49, and they can be shipped to you!

I came home after trying them and decided I needed to make some. So I googled recipes and came up with my own version after tweaking a couple I found on the web. 

Here are how my copycat Levain Bakery chocolate chip turned out!



If you love this recipe as much as I do, please help spread the word by pinning any of these images!



Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: 24
Author:
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 15 Mtotal time: 25 M

ingredients:

  • 2 cups cold butter, chopped into small pieces
  • 2 cups brown sugar, packed tightly
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla 
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 3 cups white flour
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips

instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a mixer, beat the cold butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
  3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
  4. Stir in the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Do not overtax. 
  5. Stir in chocolate chips.
  6. Place big mounds on a cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop. You should only be able to get 6 cookies per large cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden on top. 
  8. Let them set on cookie sheet for 10 min. before transferring to a rack.
  9. Enjoy!
Created using The Recipes Generator


from
http://www.mysweetsavannahblog.com/2019/04/copycat-levain-bakery-chocolate-chip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

modern farmhouse kitchens

While grocery shopping the other day I was drawn to this new magazine, Modern Farmhouse Kitchens. I think modern farmhouse might just be m...